On My Home Planet

I have an opinion about everything, and here it is for the world to see.

Hating on: morons, self-righteous political extremists, the man-and-baby-hating strain of feminism, CraigsList, yuppies, careerists, white liberal guilt, people devoid of any sense of morals or personal responsbility, and other generally clueless and misguided types who continually piss me off.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I Hate Winter (A post about Not-the-Weather)

I'm borrowing trouble to even be thinking about this in December, but... I'm already dreading January and February.

How ungrateful, right? I have my first (and let's hope only) "engaged" Valentines' day, lots of wedding planning stuff (which is fun in its own right), and my semi-secret project to look forward to.

But seriously, when it's cold, crappy, and dark outside by 4 PM, the whole world just seems crappy and dark. Skiing, Christmas, New Years and Valentine's day are, in my humble opinion, the only redeeming qualities of winter. That's one activity that can't even be done in the "temperate" climate of Liberal Yuppieland, and three isolated days. Whoopee.

Where I grew up, it is freaking freezing in the winter (we're talking, I've had the ink in pens left in my car/pocketbook freeze on me), but at least it's pretty with the snow. And you can actually enjoy snow sports, rather than just being cooped up inside for months. And at least they PLOW the snow off the roads so you're just "at a higher risk for" rather than "guaranteed to get into" a car accident. Unlike Liberal Yuppieland.

Welcome winter. If you're gonna pull your half-assed act around here this year, well then... you suck. Go home.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown thinks I'm the coolest...

Congrats on your engagement! I feel you on the winter thing. Winter is just terrible in the DC area. The snow isn't even pretty with all the litter on the ground and all the mini malls everywhere you look. I'm hoping for an early spring.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Cathrina thinks I'm the coolest...

ya..firstly congrats on your engagement.. whats the semi secret project all about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home