On My Home Planet

I have an opinion about everything, and here it is for the world to see.

Hating on: morons, self-righteous political extremists, the man-and-baby-hating strain of feminism, CraigsList, yuppies, careerists, white liberal guilt, people devoid of any sense of morals or personal responsbility, and other generally clueless and misguided types who continually piss me off.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

On the Road Again...



I've finally had it with the traffic around here.

Last night, I acheived the ultimate in "I'm just sitting on my ass doing nothing", when I managed to hack into a neighboring business's wifi and send actually emails from my car on my commute home last night. (That's right, if you heard from me between 5 and 5:45 last night, you were getting email live from the toomuchcoffeeladymobile. How did I do this without totalling my car and/or getting myself and others killed? Easy.

In the 45 minutes in question, I moved half. A. Mile.

And worse, Tuesday morning it took me over two hours to commute the 11.5 miles from my apartment to this job. In that time I managed to:

  • do my hair
  • give myself a manicure
  • read 20 pages of a novel

And, tragically, this wouldn't be the first time I've accomplished any of these in my godawful morning commute. Best of all, public transportation is not an option (it's not just that it sucks, it's that there are no metro stations anywhere near my office) and if and when Mr.TMCL and I are ready to buy a house, anything we'd be able to afford would more than double both of our commutes. And the both of us have good jobs that pay quite nicely. What in the world do less well-off couples do?

At what point do you say, enough, I've had it, I'm leaving the area? I'm close. I really am. There seems nothing you can do here to avoid being controlled by your commute.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Unknown thinks I'm the coolest...

I think you should move to Long Island. You could work in Manhattan and still commute on the LIRR and not have to worry about driving anymore. You could also work on your book on the way to/from work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home