On My Home Planet

I have an opinion about everything, and here it is for the world to see.

Hating on: morons, self-righteous political extremists, the man-and-baby-hating strain of feminism, CraigsList, yuppies, careerists, white liberal guilt, people devoid of any sense of morals or personal responsbility, and other generally clueless and misguided types who continually piss me off.

Monday, September 24, 2007

My turn to be a Bridezilla

Confession Time: Mr. TMCL was married briefly in 95 (days after he became old enough to drink beer at his own reception), and filed for divorce within the year. After an 11 year hiatus, the man is taking the plunge again. Would I have preferred to be #1? Sure, but we all make mistakes when we're younger; not to mention I get a beautiful, awesome, stepdaughter out of this marriage. I almost made the mistake of rejecting him because he was divorced, and am so glad I just gave it a shot. In fact, everyone that I know who is married, their spouse has something about them that would have made one of my single friends reject that person.


Anyhoo, WTF is up with people's attitudes about "second weddings don't deserve X, Y, Z." Um, hello, this is our first wedding TOGETHER, and unless I'm seriously a moron, it is my first wedding, period. That means (future in laws, this means you) that you're the jackass if you get bent out of shape that we registered, are having a church wedding/reception, etc. If you truly feel that "well, I've already been to a wedding for Mr. TMCL", "It's wrong to have a celebration unless it's a first time for both of you," "your engagement was too short,", "your stepdaughter is going to grow up to be an ax murderer if she gets a stepmom/half siblings" etc, then do us all a favor and don't fucking come on Saturday. Please. Save the wear and tear on your car. It's just that simple.

And yes, I can't help but feel hurt there hasn't been a shower, bachelorette party, anything like that. Yes, I have been engaged before, but not long enough to have any of those celebrations. Don't get me wrong, my drinking alcohol would probably be a bad idea, I already have a blender, and I can afford to buy my own ginsu knife or whatever, but it's more feeling like people were actually happy for me and wanted to celebrate with me. I'd even have been happy to have like a dinner where I'd had to pay for my own plate. I don't even need gifts, or food, just more time to celebrate with my friends. With having moved and having a new house, time with my friends is not something I get a ton of these days. Something, anything, to demonstrate to me that Mr. TMCL and I aren't the only ones happy about this. Friends of mine who have had less formal/expensive weddings, shorter engagements, assholes for spouses, have all had that stuff. Maybe I'm being a whiny baby, but I don't understand what I did wrong that all of a sudden that's changed.

Oh, and, if all of a sudden, you claim to have gone from being a complete and total lush to not being able to handle being around alcohol at all (with no mention of a 12-step program or anything like that, not to mention I know you better than that), don't be floored if I call bullshit.

This PSA has been brought to you by TooMuchCoffeeLady.


2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger TCM thinks I'm the coolest...

Hi...how are you there.?

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger TooMuchCoffeeLady thinks I'm the coolest...

Don't click that link above. I thought it was an internet buddy of mine who has a similar handle, but it's actually some spambot. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home