On My Home Planet

I have an opinion about everything, and here it is for the world to see.

Hating on: morons, self-righteous political extremists, the man-and-baby-hating strain of feminism, CraigsList, yuppies, careerists, white liberal guilt, people devoid of any sense of morals or personal responsbility, and other generally clueless and misguided types who continually piss me off.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I have figured out exactly what is wrong with some people

The complete and utter inability to see that just because something is right for YOU, does not make it right for the entire rest of humanity. The choices that many people make in their lives may well have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on yours (provided they're not in a position of power). Furthermore, just because someone does something with their life, doesn't mean they're forcing you to do it with yours.

Morality is not always cut and dried. Right vs. Wrong can oftentimes be such a multifaceted entity, that it's not always the best idea to make snap judgements about others when their choices aren't hurting people. And a lot of things in reality, needn't be made into moral issues, because they just boil down to preferences, personal choices, etc.

We're morally obligated to be good to one another, but at the end of the day, YOU are the only one who you have to look in the eyes in the mirror everyday so you need to be true to yourself. You really can't be a good person if you're betraying yourself.

That will be all.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger angst on the outskirts thinks I'm the coolest...

I'm veering into troubled water with this, but the idea is the same.

When I was home last I asked my dad if he could stop at a Target we were passing. "We don't shop there" my stepmom quickly snapped. My dad piped up, "They support the gays, and that's a sin."

All I could think to say was, "doesn't that bible you guys read say all sins are equal, I didn't know you guys were perfect." This coming from an agnostic.

I'll never understand how morality makes it way into the legal system. If something bothers no one then why does anyone care?

Damn, that was a long rant, I appologize.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous thinks I'm the coolest...

Thank you! I wish more people would understand this exact point. It is sad how some people become more wrapped up in the affairs of other people instead of putting that effort into their own lives.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Ibid thinks I'm the coolest...

Nope. You're wrong. I am offended by this post so the problem is clearly yours and you will go to hell for posting it.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger reversibleraincoat thinks I'm the coolest...

I've always felt that's the best way to address all the pseudo-political moral issues today - like abortion or gay marriage. But unfortunetly some people believe that their morality is the only correct one. It makes me sadden with humanity :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home